Friends and HST Family,
Please know that we are with you in this fight! Please know that although the challenges we face seem to face daily, our goal remains the same. We wanted you to know that our priority is and will remain the health and safety of our valued guests and beloved team members. We will continue to do everything we can to provide, highlight and celebrate the best Mexican food, culture and art, and we promise to do so in a manner that keeps you, our valued guests as safe as possible.
We have spent the past week implementing additional safety measures to ensure the safety of our staff and you, our HST Family. We have reviewed CDC and state and local guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone. As a result, we are implementing the following new practices:
• Hourly disinfecting of all surfaces, doorknobs, rails, restrooms, and all other surfaces that you might come in contact with. On tables we will disinfect as usual between each customer or hourly whichever comes first.
• We have removed paper menus and have new laminated menus that are sanitized after each customer.
• We eliminated cash transactions last week and that will remain in effect indefinitely.
• All plate ware and utensils have been replaced with dispensable items for the safety of our staff.
• Reinforcing with every team member our stringent safety and cleaning procedures;
• Obviously, any staff members who aren’t feeling well, will be required to stay home.
We are also adapting our business model to ensure you are able to access our food should you be unable to dine with us at the restaurant. The following options will be available on Wednesday of this week:
• Curbside pickup. Call ahead and prepay. Upon arrival, call us and we will bring your meal to you.
• In-house delivery to your door. Call in your order, pre-pay and we will drop your meal at your door. Upon drop off we will text you to let you know your meal has arrived. This will avoid undue contact.
• On Wednesday, we will begin taking orders for packaged meals like half-dozen and dozen orders of tamales, elotes, rice and beans, etc.
We thank you again from the bottom of our hearts and we look forward to continuing to serve and feed you and your families!
The Hunger Street Family
Now Serving Brunch
Saturdays 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Enjoy traditional Mexican breakfast items like Huevos Rancheros and Chilaquiles. Bottomless Mimosas made with local JJ Juice.
Beer and Wine Selection
Our Key Lime Pie is made by Lighthouse Seafood in Lake Mary and delivered fresh to Hunger Street Tacos. It is a creamy custardy pie, with just the right amount of lime tartness.
We take painstaking measures to make sure our unique ingredients are of the highest quality and our recipes faithfully represent traditional Mexican cooking.
Our walls have been conceived and painted by Lapiztola, a collective consisting of the designers Roberto Vega and Rosario Mtz, and architect Yankle Balderas, based in Oaxaca, Mexico, in collaboration with artist Liseth Amaya.
“I have now been here a few times and brought more people with me every time. This place is SO GOOD. My fiancé and I are obsessed with the mushroom quesadilla but have held out on getting it the past few times so we could try more of the menu. Everything has such an amazing flavor and it’s definitely the best place to stop for tacos in the Orlando area. Cant wait to go back!”
Hunger Street brings gourmet street taco trend to Winter Park’s main drag.They took a liking to Mexican cuisine as children of missionaries in Guadalajara, and as far as bringing south-of-the-border tastes to Winter Park, consider their mission accomplished.